Mom to Tyson River 3/28/12-3/28/12 stillborn
and Skylar Jones 7/14/14-10/10/14 Complex CHD
New Madrid, Mo

My name is Tori. I am the face of stillborn & CHD Loss. I was expecting our second baby in 2012. Pregnancy was going great. I was 34 wks & 5 days on March 38, 2012 when I wasn’t feeling Tyson moving. Those words “I’m sorry we can’t find a heartbeat” are engraved in my mind.We were also told that in 2011 at our 13 wk Prenatal visit with our first pregnancy. I couldn’t believe I was hearing those words again just three weeks before I was expecting to deliver. My hopes & dreams were shattered and a piece of my heart was gone forever. I delivered my son Tyson River Creasy on 3/28/12 stillborn. He was 5lbs 2oz 18 1/2in long with lots of dark hair. I spent three days inpatient with HTN and kept Ty with me during my stay. Sleeping with him in my arms & hanging on to every second. Walking out of the hospital with empty arms was the hardest thing I’d ever experienced. Going home to a prepared nursery I just sat & rocked in my chair for weeks.

In 2014, I delivered our 3rd son Skylar Jones Creasy. We was told at our 20 wk u/s that he had heart problems. At 31 weeks his diagnosis was confirmed. We were told he had less than 5% chance of survival. July 14, 2014 Sky was born with an entourage of 30 plus medical staff in delivery c/s. Swooped away to cardiac cath lab seven minutes after his birth for seven hour procedure. I didn’t get to see or hold him until late that night. 15 IV’s machines hooked up, paralyzed & sedated. So many wires & tubes, bells & dings in the CICU Room 3. At 10 days old he had open heart surgery. He coded four hours post op for 45 minutes. His chest was left open after surgery to prevent swelling & in case of emergency like this. Surgeons literally had their hands around his heart squeezing for compressions. He was placed on ECMO. A heart & lung machine that did all the work for him for five days. At one month old he went back to cath lab to have his BT shunt opened up more. He went into SVT’s and needing 200 Joules shocked to his heart to go back into regular rhythm. He beat all the odds against him and came home at 2.5 months old. He was home short 18 days when he suddenly went into cardiac arrest and died. I walked out of yet another hospital with empty arms.

Tori can be reached at

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


  1. Tori creasy says:

    Please feel free to lean on me if your having a bad day. Helping you helps me. Together we will survive!

  2. Tori Creasy says:

    new email for anyone who needs me

Show Your Support


© 2011 Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope | PO Box 26131 | Minneapolis, MN 55426 | Contact Us