Story postings are temporarily on hold while we find new volunteers. Thanks for your understanding!
By submitting your story, you are telling the world, “I am not ashamed.” Thank you for joining the movement and letting other women know they are not alone.
To have your story included on Faces of Loss, please follow these instructions:
- Write down the story of your pregnancy and loss. You can make it as short or as long as you would like, as simple or detailed as you feel comfortable with. If it’s easier to submit a post from your personal blog as-is, that is great too. Your story may be slightly edited for grammar/spelling and spacing/format. We may also edit profanity, at our discretion.
- At the beginning or end of your story, please include the following information:
- Your first name, your lost child(ren)’s name(s), and their date(s) of birth and death
- Your city/state
- Your blog address, if you have one and would like to share it
- Up to 5 subject categories (for example, “stillbirth,” “early miscarriage,” “NICU,” “Pre-eclampsia,”) that fit your story.
- Your email address, if you are open to having other women contact you with questions or for support
- How you found us: Facebook? Twitter? Grieve Out Loud? Another blog? Please let us know!
- Include a photo of (primarily) your face. Please make sure the file is at least 2×3 inches and in JPG format. We will be adding text to the bottom that says, “I am the face of ______.” Please let us know what you would like in the blank (for example, “I am the face of stillbirth,” or “I am the face of premature birth,” etc.) If you don’t specify, we’ll just come up with something based on your story. Note: Please make sure the photo only includes the author of the story (while we realize that there is a father behind every story, we really want to keep the photos to single faces. If the father would like to add his own story and photo, that is wonderful! thanks!)
- Email your story and picture to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Story Submission” in the subject line.
Once you have emailed your submission, please allow up to seven days for it to be published on the site.